csütörtök, október 12, 2006

Iceland trip, 4-9 October, 2006

Hi Guys,

I know I shouldn't open my bolg about Copenhagen with the summary of my Icelandic trip, but I also know that some of you can't wait to see the pictures of this beautiful country. Copenhagen pics will follow when I have some spare time.

I arrived to Keflavik airport in the afternoon. My dear friend, Idunn was already waiting for me. I was so excited to see her again after more than 5 years. She hasn't changed, nice, always smiling :) It was great speeking Portuguese again.

Directly from the airport, we went to Blue Lagoon, an amazing open-air thermal spa.





We spent the next 2 days in Reykjavik, probably the smallest capital on the world with it's 75000 inhabitant.

Parliament of Iceland

The biggest church in the city

View from the top of the church


A modern Viking ship

Icelandic beach :) difficult to imagine the meaning of this expression, I hope the next picture will help!


And that's the Icelandic perception of a car...

And the most beautiful part of my trip: Idunn's father took us to the wonderful tourist attractions, the first paliament of the world in the national park of Pingvellir, to Geysir and Gulfoss. Landscape is amazing and very special with the lava and the vulcanos everywhere. Outumn is definitely a nice season to visit this national park, just look at the colours!

The national park of Pingvellir, the place of the Viking parliament

This is the place where the American and the European continents meet.
Europe: left hand-side, America: right hand-side




I wanted to see so much the Icelandic hourse. They still obtain the original genetical map of the Viking's age. They are smaller and stronger to survive the freezing winter in the wild.
And they are very friendly. Too friendly... I just wanted a picture from distance... :)

Waiting for the Geysir...


It is worth waiting 6 minutes! It is so powerful!

Gulfoss, the most beautiful waterfall of Western Iceland






Idunn, thank you so much for this unforgettable trip, it was so nice to see you again! Muitos beijinhos e saudades! Hope to see you in Hungary soon!!!!



2 megjegyzés:

Jano írta...

IMADLAK CSIBI :) <3

Névtelen írta...

CERVEJA?? Ai Nora, Nora...:D beijinhoos